Friday, June 16, 2017

Interconnected - Off The Wall Friday


What's the best way to spend a Friday night?  Well, going to a friend's solo show opening!   I was glad to receive the invite to Sandy Shelenberger's latest show.  Its always a treat to see what she's been up to!!

Giving her a hug, I got to say - Oh - My - Gosh, Sandy - It looks so cohesive.  That's what struck me first as I looked over the body of the show.  It all seemed to be connected and flow from one piece to another.  She laughed (as she often does) and said, "Well, it does now!"  Upon asking her what she meant, she confided that the show had originally been themed, "Stitched" but she decided to change it.

My personal favorite!

So glad she did!  I could easily see the theme and what she was trying to portray.   The palettes selected (love the use of neutrals!)  - the simple shapes - the color blocking  - it was magnificent.  Sandy featured her latest works in fiber and surface design as well as her love ecaustics and they fit together wonderfully.

TIP OF THE WEEK

Do you have Netflix???  I do.  Well at least I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I love that its the motherload of my favorite shows that I can watch over and over.  And I hate that its the motherload of my favorite shows that I can watch over and over - when I should be doing something creative.

HOWEVER......

Netflix, has recently added the documentary, Yarn for streaming.  .  With this film, I can expunge my guilt and pretend I'm doing something creative.  The artists featured in the film are taking yarn and bringing it into the modern art world.  Needless to say, this ain't your Grandma's afaghan!  I definitely recommend putting this vibrant documentary on your que to watch! 


So What Have Been Up to Creatively?

1 comment:

quiltedfabricart said...

Her show also reminds that doing a series really makes so much sense. I can't stay one one theme for long but wish I could.
Thank you for the Netflix recommend - I watch in my I pad while sewing. Will definately check it out. Are up you an anne of green gables fan? Try Anne with an E. I thought the girl playing Anne is fantastic! I loved it. Only 7 episodes left me wanting more.